Chris Buchan's Blog; Reaching for a freedom in Life that will allow me to be more like my Lord Jesus

Saturday, November 22, 2008

When God came Near



When God came Near

Crushing fear held my passion in its grip
As dreaded thoughts filled my mind, tears fell,
Frail and fragile was my Safeguard
Was I without help?

Then God came near,
In beauty and love He restored my soul
Joy and peace released within, flooded my being
Dreams came anew, life again had hope.

It is written perfect love casts out fear,
Love conquers all, and my God is able to deliver me,
Truth has power, prayer just the beginning
Launch me Lord once more on my journey.

A solitary Life lacking purpose is not to be
Dreams portrayed and spoken aloud refreshed my mind
Truth transferred from Time Began to Grateful Daughter
Energized, renewed, inspired, I ran, I danced I flew.

As images unfold breathtaking is your love, my Lord
Shadows my path will not share, the Sun shines on every step,
With youthful force towering Mountains, crystal streams, cornfields vast,
Is placed before.

As a mother hen gathers her chicks, God reveals His heart
Bushfire burns the trees, black devastation,
Hope emerges when floodwaters pour in,
The lonely, weary, broken, my purpose is revealed
Come to the river, the water is clear and sparkling in the sun,
God draws all to himself, His love is vast
He brings life and purpose to the lost and weary.
My Love gave my life meaning
Aug 8th 2007

No comments: