Chris Buchan's Blog; Reaching for a freedom in Life that will allow me to be more like my Lord Jesus

Saturday, November 22, 2008

What is age?


What is age?

Well here's my thoughts for today, maybe no great shakes but it's how I feel just now.

I feel good trla la la la la la !!!!!

I'm so glad I'm alive.... I just want to be as young on the outside as I feel in the inside. Do you now what I mean? This body does not represent the youthful person I feel inside. I feel the mirror lies every time I look. (Which isn't too much as I always get a shock!)

Is age a number or a feeling? That is my question for today... Not very deep, but oh so debatable. Youth will tell me I'm old, older people will tell me I have half of my life still to live. People of the same age will all answer you differently.

At the young or old age of 43, I have to consider those who respect me and love me and look to me for guidance, mainly my family, and also all those others that have opinions on how to live your life.

I just want to be me.... But who am I ? a feeling or a number. I do want the number to be less but I can't change that.

Do I listen to my heart and feelings along with emotions that seem to be going hay wire at the moment, or do I put on the hat of respectability and listen to my head that says act your age not your shoe size. For many years I had to be respectable. Live the life Jesus wanted me to live...... I have now been enlightened to believe that when people tell you that, they usually are trying to put you under bondage and control you more than actually wanting the best for your life.

I, as my blog page name says, want to reach for freedom. What is freedom? Leaving restraint put on a person under the cloak of tradition, or religion, behind or fall back into what is comfortable. What is safe? I want to live life to the full, the extreme. Jesus said He would make us live an abundant life... I'm up for that. I just want to know the difference between flesh and my spirit man. I hate to make mistakes!!! I hate to be less than perfect even though I know that risk makes us grow and mistakes are often where we learn the most. Do you know, you remember your mistakes more than your successes? When negative words are spoken into your life it takes many more positive ones to replace them....

I was listening to a preacher on the radio and he was speaking about the art of encouragement through the written word. He said it was much more powerful than the spoken as it was permanent, well thought out, deliberate, and some other things. I love to write if I can get anyone to listen I will bug them to death with my words both spoken and written. I have an opinion and I love to give it.... But I also like to listen, another art that seems to be not so popular.

I want to encourage you all to start to journal, to get your thoughts down on paper. You will see yourself grow and will be encouraged at the difference.

I have come to a different part of my life, one I didn't ask for but one I have to do none the less. I could have sat back and felt self pity and told myself my life was over, but I chose to see it as a new start, a new beginning. Does that fill me with fear? YES!!! but also it fills me with life, excitement and awe!! God has a plan for my life. That hasn't changed. It's still better than I could ever hope or dream. He makes our mistakes into blessings. He uses them. He makes us stronger if we look deeply enough and think on them and learn from them. God is bigger than any situation that we are in. If people are involved then junk will happen. But if God is involved and we give Him free reign in our lives He will work it all out to His good. I feel scared but loved. Perfect love casts out all fear and so I have to put my trust in the one who has perfect love. God.

Sometimes I want to run and hide and tell Him I don't trust Him that He got it wrong, but at others I lean back into His trustworthy arms and say carry me Lord, you're my father, lover and friend. How cool is that... I trust Him because I know Him and what He has done in the past and in my past, as well.

Does God view us as a number? or as future potential to change the world. I don't remember reading anywhere in the Bible when God said you can't do that you are too old or too young. He sees our potential.... That's exciting, right?

I just came back from a month in my homeland of Scotland. I was a bit apprehensive as I hadn't been home in so long, but I so enjoyed myself. It was a breath of fresh air to my heart... Visiting with friends and family and reconnecting with them was so refreshing and uplifting. I felt loved and cared for.

I even went to a kids camp and youth camp and met some of the most fantastic young people in the world, all so different but all so loved and uniquely beautiful. Young people haven't really changed that much they just come in different packages, but I do believe they have to handle a lot more crap than we had. to. So to all of you wonderful young people I met in Scotland my hat comes off to you I am so proud to call you my friends and to have gotten to know you even in a small way. Keep praising and serving the one true God!!!

So I have a question for you, should I follow my heart or my reason???? I say probably a bit of both. God gave me passion, but He also gave me wisdom and experience, which I would not sell for any chance to become younger. Years are wonderful if you use them in the right way. Do I want to be free YES YES YES!!!! I just have to work out when my passion is being led by my flesh and not my heart.

Well that's about it for today. Leave me a comment about what you think and I will get back to you.

Live life more abundantly and for Jesus and you won't go wrong.

Love in Jesus Name and every blessing,

No comments: