Chris Buchan's Blog; Reaching for a freedom in Life that will allow me to be more like my Lord Jesus

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Disappointments

An argument is always about what has been made more important than the relationship.-- Hugh Prather

It's funny this has been a good week and a bad week.

I had some differences of opinion, which is bound to happen, that's life, but it shook me. I thought that I was totally healed from John's rejection but my reaction showed me that it sneaks up on me.


We had break through in our cell and the devil doesn't like that. So trouble is a result, our reaction is what we have control over, there were a lot of hurt feelings but we sorted it with God's love mixed in. We will grow stronger but we have to choose to, it doesn't just fall in our lap.


Then the weekend came. My son's girlfriend has not been a good influence, but we tried, then she finished the relationship. I am so sad for him and angry at her but I am the mother and I can only help him through. Mother's have a strange job, we have to let them grow up, become independent, but be a MOTHER AS WELL. I just want to slap her, but I can't she has used us but you can't say that. You just have to smile. I love my family very much they have gone through a lot. Watching as your child allows someone to tear him down and say he isn't good enough is hard to watch, you say as much as you can without saying too much. Then he is hurt and trying to deal with that. He will be stronger, God will heal him but he has to see that it was a destructive relationship. Please help him Lord, you are his, keep him safe in your love....

People are strange, they say they want real, but when they see it they don't want it. Too real, too loud, too rude. Conversation, good conversation is about depth, passion, opinion, discussion, and sometimes you can't wait your turn. But here in America you have too. Rude seems to me to be a favourite word around here when you talk about someone else but just putting things right when you do it. Oh well, do I shut up or keep talking? I have been told that people love my heart, my passion, my realness, but when I show that stuff and they don't agree it's just rude.

Passive aggressive I am not, I was married to one, and I don't like it but it is harder to pin that down. What do I do, tone myself down, consider everyone more than me, well yes that's what I have to do.

These ramblings sound pathetic, well this week has been difficult and also a blessing. Prayer may have been answered, we will have to wait and see what the results are.

God is still on the throne and in control. He's still huge, and I like that, do I think I pleased Him or hurt Him, probably a bit of both. Maybe next week I will please more than hurt. More than ever after this week I want to be like Him, hear His voice and know His heart. That takes time and a deep desire to hang out in His presence, and again time will tell the result. Hopefully I will grow and teach, encourage and bless and not tear down, please Lord hear my heart. I love you and I am so grateful to be loved by you.

It is the things in common that make relationships enjoyable, bit it is the little differences that make them interesting. -- Todd Ruthman

Let's hope I can run the race and make the cloud of witnesses take notice and cheer me on...

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship.-- Louisa May Alcott




No comments: