Chris Buchan's Blog; Reaching for a freedom in Life that will allow me to be more like my Lord Jesus

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stand on God's Promises


I Stand on God’s Promises

Today fear is not a stranger it stays close by
I am God's daughter I must stand and not listen to the lie.
Every time I hear from him I sense this knot of dread,
Why do I feel like a child & crave to cover my head?
Instead I stand on God's promises.

Who am I? The person he assumed me to be,
As I hung on his every word I could not see,
Trying to please, I tried to belong
He speaks, he hurts, & his words play the same old song,
But, I stand on God's promises

What happened? Life but not Spirit
I tried, I loved, but his heart could not be lit,
He ran, he left, as his desire was for a new,
No way back? What was I to do?
God is always the answer His words are life & truth;
I need to listen to the still quiet voice.
As I stand on God's promises

Prayer works, friends' encourage and comfort,
Family, are my life my heart,
I am me not who he perceives me to be,
God created made me strong, truthful, passionate,
As I stand on God's promises

Lord you are the giver of life, even my life
Many tears have fallen, while you stepped in,
Each one you collected you saw them all,
My provider even as the sparrows fall
My shield against all the fiery darts
Thank you lord I stand on your promises

I must stand firm on truth my shield He will be.
I have a future, I have purpose, and fears will be conquered look and see,
My God shall supply all my needs
He is the fountain of which I drink true love
Let me plant the seeds of faith & not be strangled by the weeds of fear.
And stand on God's promises

Aug 27th 2007

No comments: